Thursday, October 20, 2011

13 Weeks!

Pregnancy is Funny.
You know... 
I really wondered if I was going to be one of those"weird food craving" pregnant women,
who wants things like radishes or jars full of pickles. I'm not. In fact, it has been hard finding things that actually sound good to me. I have been really lucky, as I have not had one bout with morning sickness, but finding a meal that sounds appetizing has been quite the challenge. 

This has been my list of likes and must haves in the fridge:
1. Cheese. So much cheese (Cheddar, Swiss, Parmesan, American). 
I have NEVER eaten so much cheese in my life?
2. Tomatoes and everything including Tomatoes: Spaghetti, Pizza, Lasagna... you name it.
3. Orange Juice
4. Almond Milk
5. Potatoes. You name them, fried, mashed, sweet, baked.
6. Butter
7. Ketchup

The list is weird, I know, and I am not sure why I want so much Italian Food (maybe because this child is also Matt's... which would explain the late night hunger for any chips or junk food I can find). 

It is funny to me how I am in the mood for things I would never go out of my way to eat. 
Example: today, after my successful five mile run, with baby on board of course, I made a quick stop to the neighborhood Publix to grab the essentials (butter, oj, bananas, broccoli, and.... well 1/4 lb. of Buffalo Chicken Wings). Yes, on the way in, Publix Deli must have freshly fried some chicken wings and all I could smell was the frier and fresh, hot Buffalo Chicken Wings. 
Baby P decided we could not leave the store with out a little snack. 

I don' get it... I don't even eat chicken.

Well, I am 13 weeks. 
Finally. I've hit the "Second Trimester." 
On Monday, I woke up not knowing how I was going to feel. 
Triumph? Like a new woman? With the biggest belly, ever?  
Actually, you'll be surprised to know none of those things happened.
I have now acquired a daily, routine headache (from increased hormones) and I am still needing those mid-day naps. Some days I wake up with a baby bump and others I look exactly normal. 
The human body is weird. 

This past weekend, my mother-in-law sent me a box of goodies! 
Inside: a "Baby Einstein" book, an interactive rattle, and this little gem:
What a Sweetie. He still makes this much of a mess when he eats.

I can not wait until we find out if it is a boy or a girl! Can you imagine?!! 
A baby boy, dressed in the most ridiculous little man clothes, ever?
And look at that little tootsie on the couch just being a babe.

And then I found these!
"Cool Guy"

I took some belly pics, through the weekend. 
From these you can see how much it fluctuates!

LEFT: 12 Weeks, Saturday 10/15; RIGHT: 13 Weeks, Monday 10/17

So, for the next 27 weeks, I will be documenting "Baby Bump" as shown below.
I would like to take credit for this idea, but I can't. I saw this on an ADORABLE fellow pregnant woman's blog... and I fell in love. My mother painted the door this weekend so I could decorate it week by week, tracking expanding belly! 
(Thanks Mom, you did a lovely job).

How far along?: 13 Weeks; 3 Days

Total weight gain/loss: 5 lbs. gained.
Maternity clothes?: Only the purchase of ONE pair of 

maternity stretch pants/leggings (which still fall down 
because I don't have a bump big enough yet)
Stretch marks?: No
Sleep: Perfectly fine. Actually karma is biting me in the 
ass. I used to tease Matt for having to pee in the
middle of the night, guess the joke is on me now. 
Sleeping on my stomach has become a little uncomfortable.
Best moment this week: Hitting the 13 week mark!
Miss Anything?: Fall Time Beers (Sam Adams 
Oktoberfest), Brooklyn Lager, and Red Wine!
Movement: None yet! 
Food cravings: SO much Italian food. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Smells - Garlic 
and Fish. Yuck!
Have you started to show yet: Slightly
Gender: Ah!!! I don't know!! I'm dying over here.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out?: In
Wedding rings on or off?: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Obviously the happiest,
 knowing there's a miracle inside of me. 
But get my sandwich wrong and apparently 
I turn on the bitch switch. 
Looking forward to:  Everything! Gender, Names, 
Nesting, Nursery Decor, Tiny Baby Feet!


One last thing.
Since we're talking about babies... 
Look at how funny and how great of a mom my best friend is?!
She is doing such an awesome job, with her husband, 
raising their four month old, "Jack." 
I am so proud of her and am glad we are going
 through this adventure together!



Until Next Time,
LP




1 comment:

  1. love love love the door idea! you are such a gorgeous pregnant woman!

    ReplyDelete