Wednesday, October 26, 2011

14 Weeks!

Okay, okay. Some maternity experts say now is the next chapter between Trimester One and Two, I guess maybe I jumped the gun a little and listened to the others who said thirteen weeks was the last daunting week of the First Trimester.

Here is what the experts are saying:


How your baby's growing:

This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.
In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches —about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body. Your baby's liver starts making bile this week — a sign that it's doing its job right — and his spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells. Though you can't feel his tiny punches and kicks yet, your little pugilist's hands and feet (which now measure about 1/2 inch long) are more flexible and active.
See what your baby looks like this week.
Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

How your life's changing:

Welcome to your second trimester! Your energy is likely returning, your breasts may be feeling less tender, and your queasiness may have completely abated by now. If not, hang on — chances are good it will soon be behind you (although an unlucky few will still feel nauseated months from now).
The top of your uterus is a bit above your pubic bone, which may be enough to push your tummy out a tad. Starting to show can be quite a thrill, giving you and your partner visible evidence of the baby you've been waiting for. Take some time to plan, daydream, and enjoy this amazing time. It's normal to worry a bit now and then, but try to focus on taking care of yourself and your baby, and having faith that you're well equipped for what's ahead.



However, I found this hilarious pregnancy website, Alphamom
and I LOVE her pregnancy Calendar!
Here is what she says about 14 Weeks.
Week 14Week
pregnancy calendar
Your Baby:
  • Is about the size of your fist, unless you have giant man-hands or something, so maybe I should just compare it to a peach instead.
  • Has a strong, whoosh-whooshy heartbeat that can usually be found pretty easily now with a doppler. It’s much faster than yours (between 120 – 160 bpm), and sounds vaguely like a washing machine.
  • Has probably started sucking its thumb.
You:
  • Should be noticing a definite decrease in some of the more crap symptoms from the first trimester, although fatigue and nausea do tend to stick around a little longer for some women.
  • Probably aren’t as bothered by breast tenderness anymore, although your boobs will continue to grow in size in the weeks and months ahead. Reassess your bra size periodically and make sure you aren’t mashing the girls into something you’ve outgrown.
  • If this is your first pregnancy, you may FINALLY feel like you’re starting to “show” with a little belly pooch.
  • If this is your second (or third or fourth or etc.) pregnancy, you’ve probably been in maternity clothes or been rubber-banding your pants for a few weeks already, so pffft.                                                 
This lady is great! If you are expecting, or have been through the journey of pregnancy, you will definitely LOVE this calendar.

On another note... 
I feel great! My running is finally coming around and I am no longer feeling like my runs are a part of army boot camp where they do something drastic like tie cement bags to your legs. Still, no morning sickness or dizziness. I have been trying to eat more vegetables but that is the last thing I am wanting! (Thanks Baby) I have the nesting syndrome pretty bad and today, decided to clean behind the stove an refrigerator. My moodiness has gone down a little (Matt would disagree) but everything is epically emotional to me lately. 
Yesterday I went to GAP, as they were having a mega sale, and got SO many comfortable clothes. No, I have not taken the plunge and bought maternity pants yet. However, in order to wear my own jeans, I have to unbutton them and wear a "belly band" to keep them from falling down. I did purchase three pairs of pants, which all had elastic waist bands! haha.

It is still hard to "feel" like I am truly pregnant. I mean, unbuttoning the pants is one thing and the weird cravings is another. It is just unreal to me that there is another human being growing inside of me! And... in only four weeks, we will find out if it is a boy or a girl! What do you think it will be? And what do you think it will look like?! Man, I am so excited to find out and to see the little tutty's face! I even bought that onesie at GAP... just because I couldn't help myself.

I was rummaging around through some old pictures and found these... I think we semi-look a like. I wish I had more pictures of Matt, but these were all I could find. 

Matthew Thomas Poulos



Lauren Christine Poulos

Notice: In most of my pictures, I am either... 
A) Wearing something ridiculous OR B) Pant-less/Wearing a Bathing Suit 
This kid is going to have one hell of a personality!

Now, the Weekly Progress Picture!
How far along?: 14 Weeks & 2 Days
Total weight gain/loss: Not sure, next appointment 
on Monday!
Maternity clothes?: Still wearing the leggings. 
Also: Purchased 3 pairs of elastic 
waist, skinny black pants from GAP
Love wearing long tank tops with cardigans!
Stretch marks?: No
Sleep: Just Okay. Have been having very weird, 
realistic dreams lately! Also, sleeping in the middle 
of the bed. 
Best moment this week: Belly deciding it is out 
to stay! And having more successful runs.
Miss Anything?: My baby daddy.
Movement: None yet! 
Food cravings: New this week: Buffalo Sauce!? 
And of course pasta with melted butter and 
cheese! Lots of OJ.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No sickness, 
just keep fish away!
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender: 4 MORE WEEKS UNTIL WE FIND OUT!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out?: In
Wedding rings on or off?: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Um. Who are 
you asking, me or Matt? I would say no. He would say 
"Hell YES."(Poor guy)
Looking forward to:  Having Matt home, holiday 
time: Tampa for Thanksgiving, Christmas in Montana!



CONFESSION: I ALMOST BOUGHT THIS TODAY.


Until Next Time, 
LP







No comments:

Post a Comment