Friday, October 14, 2011

One Small Step at a Time

LOL, Yep
So, I brought my very first pair of "maternity" leggings today. You know, the kind with the giant belly band that comes so high on your torso you can practically tuck it under your out-of-control, ever grown breasts you had no idea you could sport. I figure, hey if Heidi Klum can make these puppies look good, I'll give them a try.

It's weird, though. I can't quite explain it but I still don't "feel" pregnant all of the time. I mean, besides the constant hunger and extreme lethargy I just feel like I am the same 'ol me, thinking this "baby bump" may still just be bloating or the worse kind of "food baby." When I get to go to the OBGYN or do things like buy bigger bras and maternity leggings, it is then I feel like I am growing a human inside of me!

I decided to spruce up the belly bump stretchies with a tribal print cardigan, a gorgeous burnt orange, Fall inspired oversized sweater and a soft, golden mustard infinity scarf from forever 21. They are so comfortable, and of course I was thinking a head... so I bought size Large, planning for the growth of "Baby P."

I am ready for the full on baby bump and round belly, but what can you do? My boss today said, "good thing you let the cat out of the bag, because any longer and people might start questioning how many beers you've been drinking," all while patting my stomach. So... yeah. I guess its getting there?

Next week I will be 13 weeks! The start of the second trimester. I have a plan of keeping track of my growth, so stay tuned. For now, I can not stop dreaming and researching about baby stuff... cribs, strollers, diaper bags, etc. We still have so much to sort out; I am thankful for the amount of time we have until Baby P arrives, I am a research fanatic and want to read the reviews/ratings of everything!

... I am already driving myself crazy, poor Matt (when he gets home from tour).


Until Next Time, 
LP

No comments:

Post a Comment