Wednesday, March 28, 2012

35 Weeks!

... Is long gone.
Yes. I am now 36 weeks, so let me think back to last week's activities
so I might remember how I felt at the wretched 35 week mark.
[Just kidding, not that bad... I am just ready to be done!]

Hmm.
Last week was another one of those "okay just make it to the weekend and then you'll be that much closer to having a baby." Let me tell you, that is not an easy thing to tell yourself when you feel like you are going to pop at any moment.
I have decided pregnancy, in the last few weeks of the third trimester, is like this: When you were young, did you ever play that water balloon game at pool parties where you have a plastic ball with holes, that is holding a water balloon securely inside? And as you pass along the ball [in a circle of kids] the ball's timer is quickly running out and you are hoping it doesn't burst! When it bursts in someone's hands... they are out. No one knows exactly when the water balloon is going to explode. I tried to find a picture of this game but couldn't! 
Obviously, this metaphor is a little far fetched. 
But you get the idea, don't you? At any time, this little human inside of me could decide he is ready to make his grand appearance! [Of course I am hoping for a few more weeks of baby growth before we have any water ballon popping situations on our hands]. But you do you that by the end of 36 weeks, baby is full term! 
 Un.believable.

*I am really having a hard time wrapping my mind around how soon this is all approaching.

Anyway.
Last week.
I worked. A lot. My back hurts when I work. 
But if that's the only thing to complain about then I feel pretty lucky.
Then, Friday I nervously headed home to good 'ol Plant City.
Four hours away from my OBGYN.
Four hours away from my hospital..
Four hours away from my comfort zone.
The drive was miserable as all I could think about was my water breaking in the car
and going in to labor on I-75.
Shoot me.

Fortunately, I did not go in to labor.

So, I headed home for one last [yes, you will not believe this] baby shower. Let me tell you something. Being the oldest child usually sucks. I am the oldest of three girls and have seen the changes of parenting from myself to my siblings. Rightly so, parents figure it out and loosen up from one child to the next, but geesh. Some things were more rough than others.
Annnd then there is the beneficial side...
like having a baby first.

Can I tell you, no one knows how to act when the first born daughter [none the less] is having a baby. You will get cards and little hand made gifts from people you've never heard of. Having a baby first in the family is pretty cool. [I'll let you know where I stand on this after I give birth and everyone comes to visit at once and I want to crawl in a hole and hide... with the baby] 
But the baby shower...
My mom's friends threw me a baby shower at our church.
I am talking my two year old pre-school teacher was there!
It was beautiful, as I imagined it would be. 
And I got so many wonderful things.
I am really really grateful for everyone who has loved and supported us during this whole pregnancy.
From friends to family, everyone went above and beyond.
Thank you so much.

All I can say is our poor second child probably won't even have a baby shower 
after this one and his multiples!

The weekend home was great. 
Mother and I went shopping,
ate too much salad,
and talked about babies more than you can imagine.

Below are some pictures from the events.
 Left: Mom found this for Baby P. I guess we are taking him to a Jimmy Buffet concert?
Right: Horizontal Stripes on a Pregnant Belly!

Left: I am craving veggies SO MUCH!
Right: Filling out Baby's "First Memories" book.

 Left: The coffee bug is slowly creeping back in to my life, surprisingly decaf is satisfying it.
Right: When I need to know an honest opinion about how I look, I always ask husband.
[When I want brutally honest, I ask Steve]

Left: Practicing with Baby Alvarez! 
Right: Baby's windows... now adorned with party flags!

Left: Baby's Door. The first letter of his name is going to be fixed inside the frame.
Right: The BOB in action! [Thanks mom and dad for the car seat attachment!]

Left: The CUTEST Owl hat, crocheted by a church friend!
Right: Sweet baby burp clothes from another LP!


My Pregnancy This Week

Hello from BabyCenter!
Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basicphysical development is now complete – he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.>> Read more about this week

Your baby at 35 weeks
Picture of your developing baby
Most physical development is complete.
>> See the big picture: 35 weeks


Your Baby:
    pregnancy calendar
  • Is over five pounds now, although these weight guesstimates will start getting very useless very quickly over the next few weeks.
  • Since most of your baby’s organs are fully functional and major developmental milestones behind him or her, the next month is all about weight gain. And since “normal” weights for newborns these days can be anything between six and 10 pounds, it’s hard to predict how big YOUR baby will be from here on in.
You:
  • Are the very picture of motherly grace and beauty. Also: waddling.
  • Fatigue may be a big problem right now. You may need a daily nap, or find yourself crawling into bed by 9 pm. (I can barely make it to my toddler’s 8:30 bedtime most nights.) And while I’ve always seethed at people who love to cheerfully remind pregnant women to “Get some sleep! Once the baby’s here you won’t get any sleep!” I have to say…dude, get some sleep.
I completely neglected the board last week. But I figured no one would be upset by looking at how beautiful my friend and sister, Kirsten, is. I am so lucky to have her.

How far along?: 35 Weeks; 6 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +24 pounds.
Maternity clothes?: This weekend I only wore maternity jeans (which I chopped in to 
shorts) everything else was regular clothing. I am over maternity clothing.
Stretch marks?: None-zo.
Sleep: Interesting again. Tossing and turning. Baby Kicking. Peeing like crazy.
Best moment this week: Spending time at home!
Miss Anything?: My normal clothes; being able to get out of bed without barrel rolling.
Movement: TONS! I am sometimes nervous about how much he wiggles
Food cravings: Fruit, Veggies, Cheese! And I can not get enough water.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing. 
Have you started to show yet: Yes. But everyone this weekend told me I looked small?!
Gender: B.O.Y
Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks. Dilated 1/2 CM! 
Belly Button in or out?: Ha.
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Content. Missing my baby daddy.
Looking forward to: Matt being in Florida (12 Days) so he can kiss the belly.
----------------------------------
Still working?: Yes
----------------------------------

Still Running?: Mostly walking.
How many days this week?: 5 Days
Total Mileage: 25 Miles




Until Next Time,
LP

No comments:

Post a Comment