Wednesday, February 15, 2012

29 Weeks!

A Cute Little Behind.
And again, this post is one week behind. 
I know, I know.

At 29 weeks, I spent yet another week counting down the moments 
until I got to drive to Orlando, to see Matt.
If you follow our family blog, I have a countdown calendar of all
of the essential dates in February. Last week, I got to cross off one more 
big task - a wedding cake. 

Of course, in my haste, I did not take any pictures of the cake. 
Being pregnant and all, I had a few more things on my mind.

Anyways... here was last week, captured by my iPhone.

1. Chilis Date Night. 2-4-1 Beers. {He Drank}
2. Girl Scout Cookies Surprises! He got my favorite "Samoas."
3. My sisters surprised me and bought this book shelf for baby's room! 
4. The Kopacz family sent this amazing swing in the mail for Baby! 
5. Our good friend, Matt Kohl, sent this essential boy book in the mail for Baby! 
6. Dolly tried to convince every member of Go Radio that she belongs on the couch. 
I blame this on dad. Alex is trying hard to ignore her.


My Pregnancy This Week

Hello from BabyCenter!
Your baby is growing rapidly now. This week he weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is getting bigger to accommodate his growing brain – which is busy developing billions of neurons. Every day, about 200 milligrams of calcium is deposited in your baby's skeleton, which is now hardening. With this rapid growth, it's no surprise that your baby's nutritional needs reach their peak during this trimester.>> Read more about this week

Your baby at 29 weeks
Picture of your developing baby
Billions of neurons are developing in your baby's brain.
>> See the big picture: 29 weeks



       Week 29

05 
week by week pregnancyYour Baby:
  • Is big and strong enough to resemble a sinister alien thrashing around your abdomen, as my husband kindly pointed out recently, upon noticing a rouge pointy elbow jabbing up and down around my belly button.
  • Is sucking up every drop of calcium you can provide as his or her bones continue to harden and become more…uh…bone-like.
  • DID I MENTION THE POINTY JABBING? WITH THE SHARP LITTLE BONES?
You:
  • Might start noticing a resurgence of first-trimester-type symptoms like heartburn and other gastrointestinal issues. Things are getting a BIT crowded in there, and the lack of room means slower digestion and more gas and constipation and woe.
  • Are gaining weight. I don’t know or care to look up what the “recommended” amount is at this stage, but most likely you are starting to notice a steady upward movement of that little thingie on your doctor’s scale. If you’ve been using pregnancy as a dietary sweet tooth free-for-all, now might be a good time to start reining it in and focusing on healthy foods and portions instead of “BABY NEEDS CAKE AND A TUB OF FROSTING ON THE SIDE.”

So, I really slacked and didn't take a chalkboard picture, yet again. 
Instead,  I am opting for a few pictures from the baby shower.
Photos c/o Jenna Simonetti

How far along?: 29 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +22 pounds
Maternity clothes?: Well, since I have been working so much lately,
mostly chef pants and a chef jacket... real flattering.
Stretch marks?: Nope! Thank you Palmer's Body Butter!
Sleep: Lots of tossing and turning. All weekend, Matt and I slept back 
to back... like two peas in a pod.
Best moment this week: Having time with Matt, finishing the wedding
cake, and saying goodbye to "twenty something" weeks!
Miss Anything?: Blue Cheese Dressing.
Movement: Yes! Yes! Yes!
Food cravings: Fruit, Veggies, and Potatoes! (Baby is feeling badly
about making me eat so much crap in the beginning of pregnancy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No!
Have you started to show yet: YES.
Gender: A Little Man.
Labor Signs: Still Braxton Hicks. I am hoping I won't have labor signs
until at least 36 weeks.
Belly Button in or out?: Out!
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Getting a little moody... uh oh. 
I feel badly for the people at work who get the brunt of the mood swings
throughout the day. I am so happy and blessed though. 
Looking forward to: Reaching the 36 week landmark.




Until Next Time,
LP

No comments:

Post a Comment