Wednesday, February 1, 2012

27 Weeks! (a week behind)

Last week, on Friday, I tweeted:

I have learned 2 things today. 
1) When I have a child, forget being on time to anything, ever. 
2) I will never own another male dog.

Okay. A little dramatic (I'll admit it).
But proven, I am already on the late track. 

This post is one week behind. 

During January 23rd to the 29th I was 27 weeks pregnant.
And these we the adventures of the week:

On Sunday the 22nd: Matt left for Orlando (Go Radio recording at the studio) for the next 6 weeks. After the routine tears and goodbyes I had to work a full shift - blaa. Coming home to a husbandless house sucks.
I worked from Monday to Friday to keep myself pre-occupied from husband's absence. Along with that, I depressingly ate vegetable beef soup and salad for the entire week. When he leaves, I have no motivation to cook for myself; its terrible.
Friday the 27th was the day I had been looking most forward to as I would be reunited with him by the end of the day. I was looking so forward to it that I only slept for three hours the night before, which made for an interesting work day and four hour drive on Friday. 
Since I was traveling on the Florida Turnpike, in the dark, I missed my exit. 20 additional, unnecessary miles at the end of a four hour drive almost led to tears and a lot of curse words. 
By 11pm, I was embraced by Matt's bear hug and somehow my worries melted away.
Matt had dinner ready ("Sauce" or spaghetti, one of my favorites) and then he surprised me with a chocolate chip cookie cake, which he made! 
Saturday the 28th was my 26th birthday, which felt no different than any other day (of course). Matt made it special by allowing me to sleep in and then treating me to breakfast. While he recorded at the studio all day, I shopped in Orlando with my mother. 
Let me just tell you - this kid is going to have a serious amount of clothes. 
After clothing shopping we hit up Ikea... aka paradise. 
Literally shopping until I almost dropped, I somehow managed to drive my tired body back to Matt.
We then hunted down the most "hole in the wall" Mexican food, just like we do every birthday. 
After eating too many chips and stuffing myself with veggie fajitas, we stumbled into this southern bar where a cover band was playing their set in front of a giant American Flag. 
----------
 A little story of  one of the reasons why I love Matt:
A drunk girl, dressed as a pirate (Saturday was the Gasparilla Parade in Tampa) came up to us and rubbed my belly for five minutes, telling Matt and me we were going to be great parents. No thanks to Matt, who ignored the situation while she asked me 20 questions (including why Matt was so quiet). She wouldn't leave our sides. One final question to him, 
Pirate: "What do you do for a living?"
Him: "I'm a construction worker."
(Me: sitting there wondering why he went down that path.)
Pirate: "Nice. An honest living, that's what my dad did."
(Me: thinking, oh great, something in common with the pirate. Now she'll never leave.)
Pirate then gave us her blessing and told us goodbye.
My next question, "why did you tell her that?" Assuring me he said, "can you imagine how long she would have stayed if I would have said I was a musician?"
Haha. Nice job, honey.
----------

Sunday the 29th. I hate the day before I have to say goodbye to Matt (I realize this post is becoming an I miss my husband post - sorry) in the back of my head is the thought that I will have to say goodbye in the morning. Ugh. Band life. Anyways, we went on a long walk with the dogs, lounged around the Go Radio house, napped, and then met my parents for dinner in Orlando at the Cheesecake factory. 

Monday the 30th started my countdown until the weekend, when I would see husband again. 

So, we have updated the nursery a little since I last posted about it. 
Here are the updates.

Throw pillow ($10) and floor lamp ($30) from Ikea.
Mobile finished and hung by dad.

Clothes: Beginning of organization.

A few of my favorites.

Remaining to do list in the nursery:
1. Paint changing table.
2. Find one more 8x10 wall art piece.
3. Get a crib mattress.
4. Get Crib bedding.
5. Find a rug that we love. Get the rug.
6. Decide if curtains are a) necessary and b) in the budget right now.
7. Figure out bookshelf situation.
8. Print pictures of Matt and me (Mama and Daddy) as additional wall art.  
9. Have a fat little baby to put in the crib.

And here it is, even if it is one week late.
My Pregnancy This Week

Hello from BabyCenter!
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals,opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle>> Read more about this week


Your baby at 27 weeks
Picture of your developing baby
Hiccups may be common from now on.
>> See the big picture: 27 weeks


      Week 27

22


week by week pregnancy
Your Baby:
  • Hey! Remember when I told you your baby was as big as a gummy bear? Oh, about 19 or 20 weeks ago?
  • Now imagine a two-pound, 15-inch-long gummy bear. Yep.
  • Eyelids (which have been fused since 11 or 12 weeks) can now open and close.
You:
  • Are officially in the third trimester! Feel free to celebrate/panic at will.
  • May notice more of that pesky round ligament pain as your belly gets harder and bigger and rounder, or as it starts to dip down a little bit, looking a little less perky and cute than it did a few weeks ago.
  • Depending on your baby’s position, the kicks and movements might be a little painful. Feet up under your ribcage, jabs to the cervix, random body parts of mystery poking you way off to the side, where you didn’t even think those little appendages were long enough to reach.

I apologize. Sometimes life gets in the way and chalkboard updates get pushed to the back burner. 
This week, my main focus was getting to Orlando to hang out with this handsome guy.
How far along?: 27 Weeks; 5 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +22 pounds
Maternity clothes?: Just purchased 3 additional pairs of maternity 
jeans [which my mom
found at Forever21 for 5.99/pair!] I have one maternity shirt 
[the kind gathered on the side 2.99 at Forever 21] and I pair 
tanks with cardigans and blazers. I am on the hunt for plain 
colored [preferably black] sleeveless fitted long maxi type dresses.
Stretch marks?: Nope!
Sleep: Lonely again. Sleeping on husband's side [I always do 
that when Matt leaves].
Best moment this week: Spending 3 nights with the husband. 
Shopping with my mother. Birthday dinner with my family.
Miss Anything?: Drinking a good, warm, comforting cup of 
caffeinated coffee, on my back porch... on my days off. 
Movement: Active and strong. Punching, kicking and stretching!
Food cravings: Grapefruit with Salt [every night]. Cheese, 
melted cheese, cheddar cheese, grilled cheese sandwiches, 
string cheese, cheesy noodles... you name it.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No. Thankfully.
Have you started to show yet: Yep. You can say that.
Gender: B-O-Y [I still can't believe it]
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks. 
Belly Button in or out?: Flat and when I cough, it pokes 
out a little! Haha.
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Content. Happy that I only 
have 3 months left, a little sad that Matt has to miss some of 
the last moments. We could not be more blessed, though.
Looking forward to: The Poulos Trio.




Until Next Time,
LP

No comments:

Post a Comment