Monday, December 26, 2011

22 Weeks!

I could not be happier. I have spent another great Christmas with my in-laws, my belly is more full than I planned, and I am sitting here, 22 weeks pregnant, beside my amazing husband. Christmas day was awesome. Spent in the company of my in-laws and nieces, we opened presents and ate great food. Now, we are decompressing on the couch after a day of complete joyous chaos. We arrived in Montana this Wednesday, December 21st, and have been catching up with Matt's family ever since. Our tradition is to spend Christmas with his parents and sisters every other year, while spending the opposite years in Plant City with my family. Normally, when we come to Montana, I freeze my butt off. The weather has been amazing this year.
Before we left Tallahassee, to head to Montana, Matt and I had another OBGYN appointment. Our midwife said everything looked great and I had even lost a pound! Don't worry... I am sure I gained that one pound back tonight. I am serious... I feel like I'm about to pop. She also said baby is doing well and I am measuring on time (22 centimeters for 22 weeks... and so on and so forth). We then drove down to Tampa to spend a day with my family before we flew out to the great West. When Wednesday morning rolled around, Matt and I were so excited to leave. In fact, I could hardly sleep the night before. As we got in the car and made the drive to the airport, I realized I had forgotten the most important article of clothing... my coat. Awesome. This is totally like me, too. Ehhh.. whatever, I just figured this baby would insulate me enough. 


Anyway. 
Baby Poulos made out like a bandit this Christmas!
I did not do so badly myself, either. 
Locket from Matt's parents.
Baby husband (left); Big boy husband (right)
New camera from my amazing husband!
...1,000,000,000 pictures of baby. 


So, I am 22 weeks! I really can not believe it. 
I am almost done with the second trimester and I am really close to being six months pregnant! 
Unbelievable. Where has the time gone? 
Baby this week...
My Pregnancy This Week

Hello from BabyCenter!
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.>> Read more about this week

Your baby at 22 weeks
Picture of your developing baby
Tooth buds (for baby and adult teeth) are in place now.


,     Week 22

17


by Amalah
week by week pregnancyYour Baby:
  • Is about 11 inches long, which is just about one inch shorter than your average 12-inch ruler.
  • Has likely crossed the one-pound mark in weight.
  • Is getting more defined facial features every day, and already looks unmistakably like himself or herself on a 3D ultrasound.
You:
  • Are gaining about a pound a week now, if you happen to be one of those rare creatures whose weight gain lines up with the books and calendars.
  • May find yourself ravenously hungry at odd times during the day — the middle of the afternoon, after dinner or even in the middle of the night. Blah blah nutrient-rich protein-heavy snacks like nuts and things blah. Me, I’m going with calcium-rich milkshakes, thanks.
  • Continue to be that pregnancy-patented mix of moods and emotions. Blissfully happy and belly-rubbing one minute, wracked with anxiety and worry the next. Affectionately hoping your baby looks just like your partner one minute, hating their damn guts and ass face the next. Rawr.

How far along?: 22 Weeks; 6 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +15 Lbs.
Maternity clothes?: Bought my first pair of maternity 
jeans this week!.... they're AMAZING. Lol
Stretch marks?: Nope!
Sleep: Really well. Love snuggling up to Matt and 
feeling baby kick. 
Best moment this week: Having the in-laws and 
nieces feel the baby kick!
Miss Anything?: My skinny jeans. :)
Movement: Lots of kicks and squirms!
Food cravings: CHEESE!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Well, the 
plane ride was not the smoothest. I normally get motion 
sickness, this time I DEFINITELY had it. 
Have you started to show yet: Ha.
Gender: B.O.Y.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out?: Flat!
Wedding rings on or off?: On and loose.
Happy or Moody most of the time: The happiest. 
Looking forward to: Fixing up the nursery!




I love being at Matt's parent's house because 
I find little gems like these. 
Matt's parents gave Matt's baby book this week also... 
I adore it. 
It is so amazing, and if you have not been in the 
situation or are not in it now... 
you will know one day,  
one of the most amazing feelings is being pregnant 
and looking through your husband's (wife's) baby pictures 
and baby records. 
It makes waiting for baby that much more precious. 
I just can not believe I am going to have one of these 
little guys running around all of the time. 
I can't wait to spend every moment with my little Matt Jr. 

Well. I think we are calling it a night; 
another successful Christmas down. 
From our home to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas. 
We are thankful for the friends and family in our lives 
and for the constant support we are given. 
May all of your wishes come true for the end of 2011 and into the new year. 


Until Next Week, 
Happy Holidays from the Poulos Family.



No comments:

Post a Comment