Thursday, December 29, 2011

23 Weeks!

17 Weeks to Go.
And I feel huge. 
Apparently baby boy has decided to expand and grow quicker than I could have imagined. I am telling you, I am significantly bigger than I was last week. And I have four nieces who reconfirm everyday that "the belly has definitely grown." Matt smiles every time I put on my pjs, while getting ready for bed. I know, like me, he can not believe that this is really happening. It makes my heart smile to know he enjoys the changes as much as I do.

One of my favorite things about this holiday vacation is being able to spend time with our nieces. There is something beautiful and validating about the girls greeting both me and "baby" at the start of every new day. We disclosed some name ideas with both of our families (secret for now) and the little girls address my belly as their "new baby cousin *insert name here*". Each one of them has told me that they "love him so much"; It's really endearing.

This is the 23rd week; 17 weeks to go.
Time is flying by.
Here's what's going to happen:
Jan 6th: We return to FL.
Jan 28th: My Birthday
Mid Jan - Beginning of March: Go Radio in the studio
March - May: Go Radio on Tour
March 30th: Matt's 30th Birthday!!
April 23rd: DUE DATE

I know, by the way life always goes... the time is going to pass before we know it and then Matt and I will be parents.
YIKES AND YAY!


My Pregnancy This Week


Hello from BabyCenter!
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby'sincreasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.>> Read more about this week

Your baby at 23 weeks
Picture of your developing baby
Dance around – your baby may be able to feel you move.


24

      Week 23


24         
week by week pregnancyYour Baby:
  • Is a tad bigger than last week! Are you sensing a pattern! Goodness, I never realized how boring this stretch of pregnancy is, what with the “close to a pound, just over a pound, 11 inches long, 11 2/3 inches long” comparisons week after week.
  • The pancreas is kicking into gear sometime around this week, and blood vessels continue to develop in the lungs. Lung development is a Big Thing right now, since babies born around 24 weeks gestation can often survive outside the womb. 23 weeks is pretty questionable, and 24 weeks certainly isn’t a peachy keen time to be born or anything, but still. If you’re the morbid sort who gets a tiny bit of comfort knowing that your baby has a fighting chance If Something Terrible Were To Happen, well, there you go.


I thought this picture was super appropriate.

My beautiful nieces embracing a beautiful time.
How far along?: 23 Weeks; 4 Days
Total weight gain/loss: We can talk about it after 
vacation.
Maternity clothes?: Just one pair of Maternity Jeans. 
Stretch marks?: Nope!
Sleep: Really well. 
Best moment this week: Looking "Really Pregnant."
Miss Anything?: My energy level pre-pregnancy.
Movement: Baby is doing kick boxing in there.
Food cravings: CHEESE!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Driving 
through the majestic Montana mountains.
Have you started to show yet: Well, strangers are 
starting to smile at me, so if not... then that is really 
weird. 
Gender: B.O.Y.
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out?: Flat!
Wedding rings on or off?: On and loose.
Happy or Moody most of the time: So Happy. 
So Blessed. So Tired.
Looking forward to: Fixing up the nursery!




Until Next time,
LP

No comments:

Post a Comment