Thursday, November 24, 2011

Knock, Knock... Who's In There?


I have not blogged all week. Let me catch you up.    Of course, I was counting down the days until Matt arrived home from tour. Tuesday was the original arrival date for husband to reunite with wife. But... my husband, being the amazing man that he is, surprised me two days early! Then, as you know, today is the day we were suppose to find out if Baby P is a he or a she. Well, we did. Only, we hit a stroke of luck and were offered a chance to find out one day early! Man. I don't know what kind of things I have done to deserve everything going in the right direction.                                                                                                   You hear all of these horror stories about not being able to determine the gender due to baby's positioning or maybe its asleep and covering its goods. Then the waiting is another agonizing couple of weeks until the next appointment when baby has the second opportunity to cooperate. Both my sister-in-law and best friend offered up a piece of advice before strutting into the OB's office and walking out disappointed that baby had a different plan. "Drink some orange juice before you go, that way the baby will be awake from the sugar... hopefully." So upon arriving at the Dr.'s office, Matt and I stopped by the gas station and bought a single serving OJ, chocked full of sugar. I chugged the whole thing, nervously, while I silently prayed that bay would give us the amazing news we had been waiting for. 

Finally, they called us back. The nurses did the routine checkups and then we floated back to the Ultrasound Tech's office. Explaining to us that the boring stuff comes first and then we would get to the good stuff... the gender.

10 Fingers, 10 Toes... Check
Healthy Heart... Check
Healthy Kidneys... Check
Head Size... Normal
Belly Size... Normal
Spine... Normal

You sit there and listen to some professional woman tell you everything looks great, but somehow you still can not wrap your mind around the fact that there is a human... growing inside of you. Obviously thankful for everything moving in the normal direction, you sit there and stare at a screen of baby shadows and dark holes. "That right ventricle looks great," means absolutely nothing. Okay... okay, just get to the point, we both thought. Tell us. Is it a lad or a lassie? 

Of course, you didn't think I was going to tell you yet. Did you?
My family does not even know yet, so of course I can't go spilling the beans to the world. 

Matt and I are celebrating Thanksgiving in Plant City this year. 
We headed down south this afternoon and my mom and I went through some of my old baby stuff. Yay! I found all of my old Dr. Seuss books and some baby must haves, such as this old "I'm a Lil' Pedro..." plastic bib. I love going through old stuff of mine and finding treasures I had forgotten about. 
Apparently I liked this one. Cover dismantled.

Well. I hate to leave you hanging.
I promise to announce first thing tomorrow, after I catch up on hours of sleep. Baking pies and cakes for all of Tallahassee's Thanksgiving Day festivities has occupied my time since the beginning of this week. Baby and I need some R&R next to dad and the dogs. Accompanied by a large dose of family and a lot of baby chatter, we are really excited about everything that is going on. 

Hold tight. 
I'll tell you in the morning.


Until Next Time,
LP





No comments:

Post a Comment