Saturday, November 19, 2011

17 Weeks!

FUTURE NOLE!


Again, I'm late posting this. At the beginning of the week, I wanted it to be (today) Saturday and Sunday so badly. If you follow our family blog then you will know Matt gets home this Tuesday. When I get to the last two weeks of a tour, I count down every second until he is home. This is one thing that annoys both him and me about myself. I can not help it though. I thought this week was going to crawl by, when in fact it has done just the opposite. I am not sitting in my bed, 10:45 PM, trying desperately to keep my eyes open. 

Today's chalk board "Week Drawing" and progress picture are a little awkward, as I had to rig my Mac Book on top of a laundry basket, on top of kitchen bar stools to get the shot. Normally Krysta patiently takes about 30 pictures on my iPhone and they look relatively normal

Well, it is true. I am 17 weeks. One week away from knowing whether sweet little fatty is a boy or a girl. I CAN NOT WAIT TO FIND OUT!!!! Keep us in your thoughts and prayers, as it would be my luck that the little nugget would be asleep or covering his/her private parts so we can't find out until later! Whaaa. Please baby, don't do that to us. 

New This Week:

My Pregnancy This Week


Hello from BabyCenter!
Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.>> Read more about this week

Quick Clicks
• Can music make your baby smarter?
• Why an ultrasound may not reveal your baby's sex
• Delicious pregnancy recipes

Overheard in your birth club
"I get tired of everyone saying pregnant women are beautiful. I've never felt less attractive! I hear about women who love being pregnant, and I'm just puzzled by them."
— Laura

Your baby at 17 weeks
Picture of your developing baby
Your baby's bones are hardening.
>> See the big picture: 17 weeks

VIDEO
Watch a natural birth



    Week 17


14


by Amalah
pregnancy calendar
Your Baby:
  • Is about five inches long from head to rump, which is the EXACT height of the jar of salsa I am currently quadruple dipping into. Bowls are for suckers.
  • Has begun to develop the all-importantadipose tissue — more affectionately known as baby fat.
  • Is hard at working transforming its skeleton from soft cartilage into solid bone. Get this baby a part on Heroes.
You:
  • Possibly feel immensely huge and very pregnant, but your bump probably isn’t as noticeable as you think it is. People may hesitate to comment or miss it completely, like the woman last night who came up and handed me an alcoholic cocktail and seemed genuinely shocked when I politely refused it, despite the fact that I feel like my belly eclipses my shoes at this point.
  • “Normal” weight gain at this point can be anything between five and 13 pounds, although y’all know how I feel about the word “normal.” One book I read this week advised any woman who has gained more than 13 pounds to see a nutritionist and “be more careful”, while my doctor COMPLIMENTED me last Wednesday on not managing to gain a single blessed pound yet. I want to stab the world in the eyeballs with a fork right now, a little bit.
How far along?: 17 Weeks; 5 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +6 Lbs.
Maternity clothes?: NOPE! YAY! Pullin' the 'ol hairband 
on the jeans trick and stillsporting my stretchy pants. 
Laughing a lot now, regular shirts are getting tight! 
Stretch marks?: No
Sleep: Awesome! Thank you snoogle and husband! 
Best moment this week: I THINK I felt baby... Can not 
be positive. But, I did play babysome Lucero's 
"Sweet Little Thing."
Miss Anything?: My Husband!! x 100,000,000; COLD BEER
Movement: Possibly! It's so hard to tell!!
Food cravings: Lo Mein and Hot Chocolate. 
Still LOTS of grapefruit juice.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope :)
Have you started to show yet: Ha!
Gender: 4 DAYS UNTIL WE FIND OUT!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out?: In... but stretching ;)
Wedding rings on or off?: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Anxious... want to be 
with Hub and find out the sex.
Looking forward to: Finding out if baby is a 
"he" or a "she"!

Sweet Little Thing by Lucero on Grooveshark


Until Next Time,
LP


No comments:

Post a Comment