Monday, April 2, 2012

36 Weeks!

36 down... 4 more to go.
4. more. to. go.
[fingers are crossed that it is more like 2 weeks... but, eh - "potato, pototo"]

I am going to be honest with you.
I'm getting a little stir crazy.
Hormones are all weird.
I have no amount of patience whatsoever.
And due to the lack of running 
[since I am trying to keep baby in until Dad is in FL], 
quite honestly I have gone a little nuts.

No running.
My midwife advised that I slow it down a bit since things are progressing quickly.
This has limited me to long walks [which I love] and lots of naps.

Sleep?
Forget it. 
With the amount that I wake up at night to go to the bathroom, I might as well not even go to sleep.

Food?
I can not get enough grapefruit. 
Seriously, I have eaten 7 in the past 3 days.
Oh. And the occasional burger has not been bumming me out either.

--------------------------------
A little snippet of my day...
So, I work in a bakery/restaurant where people act like that have no normal source of human interaction. I also deal with customers all day long and their special requests for pastries, pies, and everything lovely.

Customer [Man]: "Gosh. Everything looks so good here."
Me: "Yes sir. Do you know what you would like to order?"
Man: "One of everything!! HA! Just kidding, then I would look like you."
Me: [insert the most unenthused face you can imagine]
Man: [Awkward Silence]

Are you kidding me? 
You are talking to a 36 and 6 days pregnant person and that's what you are going to say?
[For future reference, in case you have a run-in with a pregger, it is not funny. It does not humor me, nor any other ready to pop pregnant lady. Keep the asinine comments in your head, if you want the best outcome.]

Also. Comments like
"You're huge!" 
"Man, are you going to work up until you pop?"
"Woah! Look at that belly"
"Are you in a bad mood because of the pregnancy hormones?"
Are completely counter productive. In fact, they make my blood boil.
My friend Lesley was right when she said "you will hate everyone by the end of your pregnancy."
Its almost like I want to respond with "Oh good. I am so glad you informed me of how big I am. I didn't notice when I couldn't get comfortable enough to fall asleep last night, or when I realized my husband's large t-shirts are so tight, they show the bottom of my belly. Thanks for the heads up a-hole."
--------------------------------


Okay, enough with the complaining. 

Here she is: 
Week 36
My Pregnancy This Week

Hello from BabyCenter!
Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. She now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. She's shedding most of the downy hair that covered her body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected her skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely she's in a head-down position, but if she isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where she'll try to turn your baby by manipulating her from the outside of your belly.>> Read more about this week

Your baby at 36 weeks
Picture of your developing baby
Weight gain (about an ounce a day) is your baby's top priority.
>> See the big picture: 36 weeks


      Week 36

24


pregnancy calendarYour Baby:
  • Is six pounds. SIX. POUNDS. You probably have clothes in your house that already fit a six-pound baby.
  • Is still not fully cooked yet, even though MOST babies born at this point will do just fine. But the lungs are better off with a couple more weeks of maturity.
  • The size of your baby will start displacing amniotic fluid over the final few weeks. As the fluid gets reabsorbed into your body, you may notice that your baby’s movements feel “different.” You might not feel as many kicks as you used to, or the sensations are just…well, “different.” It’s mostly because of the cramped quarters in there and less fluid.
You:
  • Are not done yet. I am sorry.
  • Have gained 25 to 30 pounds, according to the books, which also say that it’s “not unusual” for your weight to remain unchanged between weekly OB appointments. Say it with me: SHUT UP, BOOKS.

Poor photo quality.
Had to do some book stacking on a stool and set my comp up since no one is home to take the pic.
How far along?: 36 Weeks; 6 Days
Total weight gain/loss: +29 pounds.
Maternity clothes?: Yes. I hate them.
Stretch marks?: No, thankfully I still have that going for me.
Sleep: The worse. Can not get comfortable no matter what! Day time naps save me.
Best moment this week: Finishing the work week and realizing I:
A) have 2 days off until more work
B) am 37 weeks tomorrow
Miss Anything?: Husband
Movement: Yes, they are getting more interesting and more painful.
Food cravings: Fruit and Burgers?!
Anything making you queasy or sick: The smell of certain perfumes. 
Have you started to show yet: Yep.
Gender: Male.
Labor Signs: Lots of Braxton Hicks. Dilated 2 CM! Cervix is 80% effaced!
Belly Button in or out?: Outty. 
Wedding rings on or off?: On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Hmm. How do I answer this honestly?
Moody, for sure. Sad that Matt is gone. Happy and blessed that baby is healthy and
almost in my arms.
Looking forward to: Matt being in Florida (8 Days). Meeting our sweetie. Fitting
in to my skinny jeans one day.
----------------------------------
Still working?: Yes
----------------------------------

Still Running?: Walking only this week.
How many days this week?: 5 Days
Total Mileage: 20 Miles


Until Next Time,
LP



3 comments:

  1. oh man, I am SO sorry you have to work customer service right now! When I was in the last few weeks with B, my job stuck me in a back room away from customers to do paperwork all day because I couldn't deal with it haha. Everyone either wanted to talk about how HUGE I was or they wanted to rub my belly. ugh, I feel your pain. Once the baby is here, all those same annoying strangers will want to give you unsolicited advice on how to raise your baby too... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything you've written about is all completely normal and all of us who've ever been pregnant have experienced the same ignorance you're experiencing. Like the commenter above, I too was relegated to the back part of my office at the end of my first pregnancy. My office knew that if anyone crossed me they were liable to draw back a bloody stump!

    Unfortunately she's also right about getting unsolicited advice about how to raise your sweetie too. And don't even get me started on all the people who thought it was appropriate to tell me every, single last HORROR birthing story they knew right before I had my first.

    Hang in there & try to enjoy these last couple of weeks! Trust me when I tell you that you'll miss this precious time & there will be days you'll wish he was back in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing...
    36 haftalık bebek kilosu

    ReplyDelete