Thursday, February 2, 2012

It Really is a Miracle.

*this is not my belly.
I've been doing a lot of thinking 
[if Matt's reading this he's probably thinking "oh boy, here we go"] 
about the amazing process an infant goes through before it ever enters this world 
[real deep, i know you're thinking it too]. 
When I think back to the beginning of my pregnancy, I remember waiting for the moment I would be able to feel our little miracle start to kick. Everyone told me "it is the most amazing thing you will ever feel," and everyone was right. I wish dad's could feel it too. Of course, when Matt puts his hand on my belly and baby gives a good nudge his face lights up with pure joy; there is no denying it is a miracle. 

Now, I am 28 weeks into my pregnancy... 11 weeks and 3 days to go. 
With every growing kick and fluttering, rhythmic hiccup cycle, I sit in disbelief. 
Oh! How our baby is growing so rapidly inside, all the while reminding me that he is already so important with his little movements. 
When he twists and turns [normally in the middle of the night] 
I smile and thank God for our son. 
He already makes me laugh. 
Routinely, I wake up at 4am when he decides to move his fat little body on to my bladder, 
and waddle in to the bathroom. 
I don't even mind those moments. 

I can't imagine a more perfect miracle. 
Starting from nothing and growing in to a little human in only 40 weeks! 
Unbelievable
Developing every body part and every essential detail.
I am thoroughly impressed by creation. 
And each kick... 
makes me believe
in miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment